Saturday, November 16, 2019

Volume One

Today was a pretty big day for me as an independent author.  One of the most common questions I get asked is whether or not someone can buy my books at a bookstore.  For the last eight years, I would shrug and say that it would have to be an online bookstore where people were peddling ebooks.

Well, not anymore.  Starting today, my books will be on the shelves of Volume One.  It's this really cute, cool, incredible, independent book store in downtown Duncan, BC.  If you've never been to Duncan, you're really missing out.  The downtown core is like Whyte Avenue in Edmonton but with way more totem poles.  The indie scene there is amazing!

Here's the link to their bookstore.

https://www.bookmanager.com/1676881/

This morning, as I went to have a meeting with their manager, Dana, I passed through the tents housing the temporary vendors of the Saturday market.  There are such delicious things to buy there!  So many artists selling things you could never find elsewhere.  I saw the most ornate woodwork, locally made soap and my personal favorite, locally grown produce.  It was misting, meaning that the mountains that loom over Duncan had sheets of fog rising out from between the layers of trees.  This place never stops being green.  It felt very green today, even though it's already November and the Christmas boom is beginning.  Trust me, it felt amazing to get my books on the shelf when I saw how many book lovers swarmed Volume One.

Almost optimistic.

I should also say at this point that my books are available through KOBO, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Obooko, Apple Books, and pretty much every other place ebooks are sold.  What can I say, I've been a busy girl.  If you're not a fan of Amazon, please check out pretty much anywhere else (except Google Books) and you'll probably find a title by me.  Happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...