Thursday, October 10, 2019

Caught by a Chaperon

Today, and next week, I'll be posting clips of my new book A Little like Scarlett. It's a collection of my dating stories from when I was a teenager. Here's a link to my author page on Amazon.com. Let's jump right in, shall we?

I was at a dance once where I was slow dancing with this adorable boy named Wyatt.  We were laughing and flirting and suddenly he got this amazing expression on his face, and I thought that he wanted to kiss me, but there were at least half a dozen chaperons and so nothing special was going to happen.  

I looked up and questioned, “What were you about to say?” Pretending to be stupid.

He shook it off.  

And I was like, “Come on and tell me!”

We went out into the hall and I finally got him comfy enough to make his confession.  He couldn't look at me when he said it and missed all of my signals that he had to shut up.  There was a chaperon coming.  

Except he missed all my frantic hissing and said clear as day, “I just really wanted to kiss you.”

And the chaperon was right behind him and he said loudly, making Wyatt jump almost clear out of his seat, “You two should head back into the gym.”

I got up and started walking with him.  I said something about how it was too bad and cute little Wyatt executed a perfect wall slam against the church wall.  That's when a guy neatly pins you against the wall either with the purpose of kissing you or yelling at you. He was about a centimeter off laying that kiss on me when that chaperon was back with his booming voice, “You'd better head back into the gym!”

I just about leaped out of my skin and the moment was completely ruined.  I think both of us were too embarrassed by getting caught that second time to spend much more time together.  I got home and contemplated his last name. The next day I made a call. Yep, he was my cousin.  

Here's a link to my author page on Amazon.com.


And here's the link to the book page on Amazon.ca

No comments:

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...