Thursday, October 3, 2019

A Little Like Scarlett Release Day

Hello Joyful Readers!


Today I am posting the links to my new book A Little like Scarlett.  It is a compilation of real-life tales from my teenage dating life.  It is available for purchase as an ebook and a paperback on Amazon at https://www.amazon.ca/Little-Like-Scarlett-Partial-Autobiography/dp/1694390489/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=A+little+like+scarlett+by+Stephanie+Van+Orman&qid=1570132432&sr=8-3

Here's another excerpt:

There was a boy who lived down the street from me who was very popular.  I had friends who used to come to church with me just to watch him bless the sacrament.  I enjoyed the company, but I didn't see what they saw in him. He was adorable, the cutest thing really, but if I had to describe anything more about him, I would be at a loss.  Maybe it was simply that I never had much to do with him, so I didn’t hear what he thought about or understand who he was. Also, I am not soulless enough to fall in love with a boy based on looks alone.  As far as I could tell, he was a perfectly fine guy. He just didn’t set my heart aflutter.

One foggy, icy day I was walking home from school for lunch and this guy was walking five steps behind me.  Four steps behind me. Two steps behind me.

And I just couldn't help myself.  

I slipped on the ice and he caught me, much to the fluttering of my heart.

I love this memory because when I intentionally slip on the ice or do a baseball slide, I do so with intention.  If he had not caught me, I would have cracked my head open. Instead, he helped me up and I felt like the little devil I knew I could be and walked the rest of the way home with him.  

I love dating stories. Please check out my book and let me entertain you with mine!

No comments:

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...