Thursday, July 11, 2013

Right Random



After my random blog last week, I realized I had a lot of other random observations that I didn’t have enough room for.  So, here’s week of randomness number two.  Let’s see how long y’all will put up with this.

So, besides the joy of having everyone look directly at your butt as you walk away, I have yet another reason why all of us should have writing on the seat of our pants at all times.  I have one pair.  They are pajama pants with the name of a place I visited.  No, they don’t say ‘juicy’ on them or ‘if you can read this, you don’t need glasses.’  But every time I wear them, I unavoidably have my rear end touched a few times – by a toddler who is trying with his limited understanding of the alphabet to figure out what it says.  He’s tracing the letters.  ‘Mommy!  It’s an H.’  He’s so proud.

As another reason to celebrate, my neighbors are yet again reminding me that I need to mow my lawn.  They do this only by mowing theirs.  When I look down the block, I realize that I am the only one who has not mowed their lawn in the last 20 minutes, so I’m way behind the times.  This happens in the winter too.  I get up all bristly before 7:30 a.m. to shovel my sidewalk after last evening’s snowfall only to find that my neighbor on either side (both seniors – one has a wheelchair ramp) have beaten me to the punch.  Grrr!  Did one get up and do it 3:00 a.m. and the other at 4:00 a.m.?  Am I always going to feel like the slob on the block?  They even run ads on the radio in Edmonton reminding people to shovel their neighbor’s walk for them if they’re seniors.  How can I when they get theirs done first?  They’re gloating from their front windows.

Actually, I really like my neighbors.  One of them has this tree in their front yard that is seriously the ugliest tree I have ever seen.  It’s looks like Cinderella who was once dressed up for the ball, but changed back into her rags and then got mud splashed on her a couple dozen times on the walk home.  That may seem like a strange comparison, but if you saw how it droops, you’d understand.  The other day I was out pruning my nesting spruce, thinking about a) how ugly that tree was, b) how hot it was, and, c) how nice the shade was.  I looked up and it was that ugly tree shading me.  I love it when I figure out I’m wrong before someone has to embarrass me by telling me.
 
If I do another random thought post next week and it is quite probable, I’m going to tell y’all about the space lake.

No comments:

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...