Thursday, August 15, 2013

Some of My Favourites



The one benefit of writing online without getting paid is that you’re much more likely to receive fan mail.  I’ve received thousands of fan mail-type messages over the years and some of them have really stuck with me.  I know it’s narcissistic to post them, but if you weren’t expecting narcissism, why did you come to my blog?  I normally keep my blog to 500 words so I won’t be posting entire letters, just bits.  My fans have been so good to me.

“The progression from normality to myth was well-paced and what should have been a labyrinth of a plot became a pleasantly guided tour.” – DerbyGigs for Vampire Kiss on fanfiction.net.

“I really enjoyed reading this amazing trilogy and I must commend you on always having these original, crazy and wild ideas! In my opinion, it's good that you have never fallen into one of those cliché traps. You always maintain the originality and oddness of every story that you write.” – thepinkmartini for Dragon’s Moon, Mystic Wings, and Mark of a Goddess on fanfiction.net.

“I must say, you have such a wonderful, unique way of capturing a scene and giving just enough detail to keep things moving along at a brisk pace. Your grasp of the characters is excellent. Your stories have such an intriguing quality that makes you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. A sprinkle of the bizarre and fascinating. I'm a huge fan!” – Del’Mareve for Whenever You Want on fictionpress.com, fanfiction.net and sparkatale.com.

“I have to hand it to you for having a very unique plot, which is incredibly hard to do. It was a spin on that fairytale I haven't ever seen, and the mix of mad cow disease, slavery, power tools and helicopters was a total riot. Very cohesive, too. You did a great job and I appreciate the hard work you put into it. It's no life changing epic or jewel of character exploration, but it was a solid, entertaining read. Bravo!” – Pia Bartolini for Rose Red: Model 85001 on fanfiction.net.

“I simply adore this story and everything about it. The sheer thought that went into this blows me away. There is not a loose end [out of] place. Every single detail and aspect of this story, whether it be the characters or the plot, has been thought out and planned perfectly. Thanks for a fantastic read.” – CelestialSolitudine for Vampire Kiss on fanfiction.net.

“This story was beautiful. You write with such skill and subtlety - I love how even the seemingly insignificant details, like the trash on the lawn, become important to the development of the story and your characters. You struck the right balance of loneliness and desperation with a sense of hope and happiness toward the end. Congratulations on writing something truly beautiful.” – MartinisMyGoldfish for Blog Entries of the Brokenhearted on fictionpress.com.

Thank you, excellent readers, I actually ran out of room.

No comments:

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...