Thursday, October 17, 2013

Readers Around the World



Another really great thing about writing online for free is that you get readers from all over the world (and the free websites I write on keep a record of where your readers are from).  When you write for money, you don’t necessarily get that.  If they are buying your book they have to have money, a credit card – whatever.  But when you’re giving it away for free, everyone gets the love. 

I would like to extend a warm and loving THANK YOU to my readers in other countries.  Just from this month alone I would like to thank my readers from the following countries:

I always have the most readers from the States.  In all my years of writing I have only ever seen more from Canada a few times (and I’ve been doing this for around a decade).  Thanks to Australia, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Spain, The Philippines, South Africa, India, Iceland, Mexico, Russia, Sweden, Netherlands, Lebanon, Japan, France, Italy, Dominican Revar, Singapore, Austria, Pakistan, Malaysia, Romania, Brazil, Chile, Sri Lanka, Poland, Qatar, Czech Revar, and Panama.

Whenever you write (or do anything), there is always this lingering question over your head.  Why do you want to write?  I remember when I was in my early twenties and I was asking myself this question, I came up with three answers.  One of my answers was that I wanted people from all over the world to enjoy my writing and get swept away on the adventure I’d take them on.  Well, without having made much money – I have certainly accomplished my design. 

Thank you, dear readers, for loving me so much, for sending in so many reviews of encouragement, and for continuing to read my work for a decade.  All my love to you!   

1 comment:

Carson said...

Just a heads up: "Why are you do you want to write?"

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...