Monday, January 21, 2019

Yes, I Have to Display my Pantyhose

So, he turned to me and said, "Do you have to display your pantyhose?"  His tone suggested this was the most ridiculous thing ever.  He was wondering why I couldn't wad all of them into a ball and shove them in one giant heap to the back of the drawer.

I considered it for a moment and then replied, “Yes.  Yes, I do.”  My voice was full of conviction.  I was not going to compromise and he nodded and backed up… as he should.
 
The thing with pantyhose is that you need to know at a glance what you have.  You require a full arsenal of pantyhose.  There is nothing worse than needing a pair of black sheers and racing around the house like a lunatic from the laundry room, back to your room, and then back to the laundry room again before you have somewhere you have to be.  So, for organization and serenity of mind, displaying them is the only thing to do. 

I made a display rack before that I end up being very disappointed in (the pockets for them weren’t quite big enough), and if you Pinterest pantyhose storage solutions, you’re going to be underwhelmed.  Which is weird.  Usually Pinterest is a powerhouse of knowledge.  Most women I know hate, hate, hate pantyhose, so that’s probably why. 

I needed something that could be vertical and on the wall.  Anyway, I was wandering around the shops after Christmas, and I saw an old box that had been used for displaying Christmas cards.  I detached it from the wall and took it up to the front.  “Can I have this?”

The woman looked at me and chomped on her gum a little.  “No one wants that.  No one would ever want that.  But check to see if there are any cards stuffed in the back.  Really, no one wants that.  It’s garbage.  You don’t look like a hoarder, but if you pick up garbage like that and take it home then you are one.”  Okay, that’s not what she said, but if non-verbal communication is a thing, then that is what she meant.  So, I got the box for free.

Success… sort of.

I hate red most of the time, so I decided to give my little stand a makeover.  It was sort of weird.  Because my expectations were so low, I decided that I couldn’t buy anything for this project.  I did the whole thing with old paper, contact paper and scotch tape.  I’m really not crazy about the contact paper I used, but I have that kind on hand because the pattern is chaotic you can overlap it any which way you like without having to match up the pattern.  It’s good if you’re cheap and hate red, otherwise, try to be cooler.

That’s what I think is the most depressing about this solution, is that I know this isn’t going to last.  I’m going to end up making a new pantyhose wall hanging thing.  I did this last year too!  If only I could be cooler!

No comments:

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...