Saturday, February 24, 2024

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN!

'Cut Like Glass' is my latest.  Here's the synopsis!

Bart has a two-week dating pattern.  He wins them over with dinner dates, evenings out, and lavish experiences, but dumps them at the end of the fourteen days.  He doesn't mind the mascara smears because they are not on him.  

What will happen when his driver picks up the wrong girl and brings her to his mansion in the mountains? 

Let's talk about the cover.  I bought a cover through GetCovers ages ago because I started this story ages ago.  The original cover looked just like the one to the right except that the couple was not there. It was simply a picture of some very magical-looking glass.  The more I thought about it, the more I felt that the cover simply would not do for the Inkitt release.  There were two reasons why the cover was bad the way it was.  One was that a book cover should convey the genre of the book if nothing else.  The magical glass wasn't doing that.  This is a contemporary romance.  Secondly, I have been noticing that covers with couples on them do better on Inkitt.  So... I opted to use the cover I bought before with the addition of the married couple on the front.  I used the cover just the way I bought it for the RoyalRoad release because they hate romance, but they come and read it anyway.  They just don't like it, favorite it, add reviews, or comment.  But they come and read it anyway.  

Now for the story.  It turned out beautifully.  It's 17K, but when you read it, it will feel like you've read 3K.  It's light as a feather and easier to gobble than cotton candy.  Your eyes will eat ten pages and you'll think you've eaten three.  I was surprised that the final word count was as high as 'Tiny Wishes' and 'Born in January'.  It's exactly the same length.  Oddly enough, 'Heart's Key' is the same length too.  17K is just lucky for me.  This book is eight chapters instead of eighteen.

I'm releasing it on Inkitt https://www.inkitt.com/StephanieVanOrman

And Quotev https://www.quotev.com/StephanieVanOrman

And RoyalRoad https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/81328/cut-like-glass

I will release the last chapter this upcoming Tuesday.  

  


No comments:

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...