Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pink as Pinkie Pie Pony

It doesn’t matter what I watch – I always try to take a second to see what I think of the plot structure, the characters and the general premise of a story. I’m also not proud. I’ll give the same consideration to a kids’ cartoons as a Korean drama as classical literature. I would like to take this opportunity to say that the new My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is extremely entertaining.

One of the other things I like to do when I watch something with equal plot sharing among characters is a habit left over from my childhood. I like to try to figure out which of the characters I am most like. It comes from years of playing pretend with the other little girls who lived on my block. For your information I’m Sailor Mars and Belle (from Beauty and the Beast), but that was before my personality came into play. I couldn’t rest until I figured out which house I belonged to in Harry Potter. I’m a Slytherin. So, for entertainment, and because I was strapped to the couch by a sad toddler, I figured out which pony I would be. Here are my choices:

Twilight Sparkle - is a total Ravenclaw. I don’t know how else to describe her since she’s a scholar who is studying magic.

Rarity – is a fashion designer who loves jewels and has pretty hair. Now, those of you who know me know that I have a serious gem fetish. So, this was a close one. She’s probably a Slytherin, too.

Fluttershy – is a Hufflepuff. Actually, she’s a winged pony who’s afraid to fly. She likes to take care of animals.

Rainbow Dash – she’s a Gryffindor. She’s one those athletic types. I’ve seen those before. I am even friends with a few of them. They like to comment on my Tyrannosaurus Rex arms and have a good giggle. I can scarcely deny them. Typing doesn’t gain anyone muscle mass.

Apple Jack – she’s a Hufflepuff … probably. Might be a close call with Gryffindor (BTW Word has an autocorrect to make sure you spell Gryffindor correctly … teehee). Anyhoo – she’s an apple farmer with a Texan accent. She’s too cute.

Pinkie Pie – she’s got ADD. I’m not saying I have ADD, but I am saying that after a good long think – I decided she was my gal. She was raised on a rock farm – where they harvested rocks. If you went to my home town – you’d understand the similarity. Pinkie’s purpose in life is to try to make other people feel happy by inviting them to parties and trying to make them laugh in an effort to contrast her dull beginnings. She’s also crazy. It’s so adorable.

**And as a side note if I’m not mistaken – there’s an episode where they show her throwing up into a bucket. I love that show.

1 comment:

JQ said...

Lemme guess -- Sailor Mars because of the hair colour. Emily's already Sailor Venus so that would make me the one called --- No, don't say it.

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...