Thursday, July 5, 2012

How it Should have Ended


This is my endorsement for ‘How it should have ended’ (HISHE) on YouTube.  They cartoon alternate endings for Hollywood blockbusters, video games and even sometimes TV shows.  And frankly, they have been making me happy ever since I discovered them.

I used to love watching movies, but as I get older, it seems like movies get more predictable and more grotesque at the same.  It takes a lot for me to enjoy a movie.  But before I became a disenchanted troll under the bridge … okay, when have I ever not been a disenchanted troll under the bridge?  Personally, I think it was around the time I turned thirteen, so I have a list of movies that I have labeled ‘I would have enjoyed prior to my thirteenth birthday’ … it’s a long list. 

Usually, I’ve seen all the movies HISHE make fun of.  However, I hadn’t seen Jaws.  I don’t know how it never came up, but it never did.  So, I had no particular inkling to watch it … until I saw their parody.  My husband (who had also never seen the real thing) watched their parody and laughed until he cried.  So, this last weekend, I went and watched Jaws.  It was wicked, but mostly because of their parody.  Otherwise I would have dubbed it somewhere in between The Birds and Snakes on Planes.

Anyway, I love these guys.  They took a huge collection of movies I disliked and made me able to laugh at them.  And I love the way I can lean over and whisper in my husband’s ear, “Fly away pretty bird.  No sand mutation for you tonight.”  And have a giggle anytime – anywhere.  Seriously, that quote is from their parody for Spiderman 3.  Seriously, go check this out on YouTube and don’t say I never did nothing for you.

No comments:

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...