Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sometime in November


Today is going to be a random, mixed up post where I talk about a variety of whatever.  What can I say?  It’s not October and it’s not December.  It’s a random month.

The other day I was watching a romance on Netflix.  I know – total contradiction of my blog last week – but it was hilarious.  I was watching The Decoy Bride and the hero of the story was the actor from Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire who couldn’t stop licking himself.  I sat there the whole time laughing wickedly wondering how I could take that guy seriously.

Next random item – I have been reposting my novel Dragon’s Moon on fanfiction.net.  If you’re at all interested in that sort of thing, go check it out, but please remember that I have posted the exact same novel (almost) on fictionpress.com under the title Mark of the Dragon and the whole thing is there intact as I type.  So, if you want a really good read – go to fictionpress and read Mark of the Dragon by Sapphirefly.  You’ll love it.

I have been reading The Ring operas by Richard Wagner, getting all prepped up to go see The Hobbit next month.  And I gotta say; the world can’t possibly end on December 12th of 2012 because The Hobbit doesn’t open until the thirteenth.  I mean - really!  Anyhoo – I know y’all think I should be rereading The Hobbit and not reading ancient operas from the 1870s but I promise you – it’s way funner this way.  This way I get to read Mime and Wotan make each other answer riddles this month and next month, I’ll get Golem and Bilbo.  This way makes for a little more variety.

So, some authors have it marked on fanfiction.net that they don’t want fanfiction written about their work.  One of them is Terry Goodkind, the author of The Sword of Truth series.  I read the first two books in that series when I was a teenager and just the other day I watched a couple episodes of the mini-series Legend of the Seeker on Netflix.  Did it seem really lame to me because I haven’t watched TV much in the last six or seven years?  Because that seemed really weak.  I’ve also decided that you can pretty much gauge how confident the writing is in a piece based on how much cleavage they allow the main woman to flash.  Somebody will watch it for the eye-candy even if the plot is thinner than nail polish remover. 

Anyhoo, I gave you something old, something new, something borrowed and something at least worth one giggle.  Now you can get married without toting around any bad luck. 

No comments:

Cut Like Glass

One of the things I really enjoy writing is novelettes.  I wish I had discovered them sooner.  They are SO MUCH FUN! 'Cut Like Glass'...